Rosh Hashanah Gems Volume Ten – Prayer Insights
Rosh Hashanah Gems are filled with new, inspiring material that explain and elucidate many of the prayers we say on this holiday. These mini-sermons are rich with Jewish wisdom, wit and joy, and will help bring greater meaning to both committed Jews and casual congregants.
- Napoleon and loving G-d with our hearts
- What’s the significance behind the debate of what is a Teruah?
- How Avraham’s Eshel corrected the sins of past generations
- How to be less like an airline and more like Google
- The lesson in humility that President John Adams received from his mother
- Why the bad workouts when you’re not in the mood are the most important
- Howard Hughes helps us understand Unesaneh Tokef
- The difference between a calendar and a diary
- The Freudian path to disappointment and the prayer to reverse course
- What you get angry about defines you and how to get angry about the right things
- How to stop confusing activity with achievement