Yom Kippur Gems Volume Four - 18 pages of Prayer Insights
These Yom Kippur Gems are filled with new, inspiring material that explain and elucidate many of the prayers we say on this holiday. They are rich with Jewish wisdom, wit and joy, and will help bring greater meaning to both committed Jews and casual congregants.
- A moving tale with R' Levi Yitzchak of Berdichev sets the tone for how to pray on Yom Kippur
- A famous psychologist's rare condition provides insight on the power to forget
- The Yom Kippur lesson from all that updating we do with our phone Apps
- An amusing anecdote about the rabbi who caught his entire congregation in a lie
- "G-d answered Abraham at Mount Moriah"--yet no prayer is recorded. What was Abraham's prayer?
- The unlikely history of America's national anthem and its Jewish lessons
- A lesson from the great art heist in 1911 in which the Mona Lisa was stolen
- A beautiful Midrash about the different perspectives of a tzadik and a rasha
- The Rebbe's response on how anyone can "resurrect the dead"
- The unknown tale about the man who saved the world from nuclear disaster
- A 1958 play that re-imagined the story of Job
- The youthful zealot of Mea Shearim who wanted to blame all Israel's troubles on the "chilonim"